Daugai Church of God’s Providence
The first wooden Daugai St. St. Mary’s Church was built around 1393, under the care of Vytautas the Great. Queen Bona in 1555 supported by hospitals and the new St. Peter’s Church (the church burned down in 1655, but was rebuilt by 1674). It is known that in 1766 the parish church was wooden, with a tower. Around 1776 she burned. Services moved to St. Peter’s Church. The construction of a new parish church began, in 1786 built up to the windows. After the death of the founder, the construction was not completed, and the materials were stolen. From Pivašiūnai to Daugai in 1806. the wooden parish church was moved. in 1816 a 3-story bell tower was erected. in 1829 St. Peter’s Church was destroyed, and the Daugai parish church in 1852. burned again.
1858-1862 the present brick Church of the Divine Providence of Daugai was built according to the project of the architect Tomas Tišeckis, which is characterized by modified features of the Gothic, classicism and baroque styles, and contains valuable works of art. The church is a belfry (although towers were planned in the project, but not built), so a belfry is built next to it. The churchyard fence is made of stone masonry, with a classicist gate. 1914 – 1928 the pastor of the church was the signatory of the Act of February 16, Vladas Miron.
In order to visit the church outside of the Mass, you must consult the pastor at the specified phone number.