Šeštokai Švč. Church of the Permanent Saviour Virgin Mary
Šeštokiai St. The church of the Virgin Mary, Permanent Saviour was built in 1922-1924 according to the project of the engineer J Vitembergs. In 1928, three altars were added. The two side altars were made by the master craftsman A Soraka, the large one by A Karalius. The organ was built in 1935. During the war, the church suffered considerable damage. It stands on level ground, next to a small street. The railway passes nearby. The building is wooden, in the form of a Latin cross, single-storey, two-bay. Behind the side chapels, the nave is extended by a straight wall of the same width, terminating in a presbytery. There is a sacristy at the back. The interior of the church is spacious and simple, with a ceiling of intersecting cylindrical vaulting, surrounded by a moulded cornice at the bottom. The interior is distinguished by the electric altarpieces and the wide organ choir, which projects forward in the middle. The pulpit above the lectern is decorated with rock ornaments.