The historical center of Veisiejai town
The city is located on a peninsula surrounded by Lake Ančia. Written sources mention Veisiejai since the time of Mindaugas (1253). The old part of Veisiejai has been declared as an urban monument. Protected network of streets from the second half of the 18th century to 19th century plan of the beginning of the square, fragments of the building, a panorama of the old part of the city and the natural environment. City development – linear. In the city center there are Baroque and Classicist elements of the second half of the 16th century. The network of streets fits perfectly with the uneven terrain of the area. The perspectives of the streets coming into the center are closed. There are some dead end streets. The city has an architectural monument – a towerless church with classicist forms of Baroque structure, built in 1817.